Pay Per Click (PPC)
What is PPC?
PPC is short for Pay-Per-Click advertising. PPC is an advertising technique where advertisers bid on keywords they believe their target market would type into the search bar of a search engine such as Google. It is called Pay-Per-Click because the advertiser only pays when someone sees the ad AND the person clicks on the ad and visits your website.
Isn’t PPC Expensive?
Depending on the search engine, minimum prices per click start at US$0.01 (up to US$0.50). These prices can reach up to several dollars per click for highly competitive terms.
PPC can be expensive, but it also can be extremely profitable. Archetype Web Design manages PPC campaigns for many clients. Several clients each spend over $5,000 per month, but in each one of those cases, they are generating much, much more in sales. Each of those PPC campaigns generates significant profits every month.
Why Does PPC Work So Well?
PPC is like paying for a billboard ad by the side of the road, but you get to tell the billboard company the following stipulations:
- Most people have to pay for every car that drives by. I only want to pay for the people that see my ad, and like it so much that they actually visit my website.
- Paying for a billboard typically requires a very expensive up front investment. I want to keep my initial investment really small (as low as $10!), and if it works for me, I’ll keep the campaign going.
- Billboards have a fixed number of people who see it every day. If my ad is working well, I want to be able increase or decrease it’s exposure on a monthly, weekly, daily, or even hourly basis.
- Billboards are hard to track. Unless someone tells me they came to my website because of the billboard, I don’t know how effective it really was. I want to know exactly how many people came to my site, how many made a purchase, how much revenue it generated for me, and how much profit I earned from the campaign.
- Billboard companies tell me how much it’s going to cost each month. I want to tell them how much I want to spend, and how much I will pay per click.
- Billboards require money up front and an investment for a minimum period of time. I want to pay as I go, and have the freedom to start, pause, resume, or stop at any time.
- Billboards limit my exposure to certain roads. I want to set up my ad, and have it shown in any city, state, country, or language I want throughout the world.
Is it Hard to Manage a Profitable PPC Campaign?
Yes, it takes experience and expertise to run a profitable PPC campaign. There are countless companies that set up PPC campaigns and then just let them run, not knowing how to improve them if it doesn’t do well.
Our clients don’t have to worry about their campaigns because we watch them on a daily basis and you will see improvements in your results over time.
How Do I Know that Archetype Web Design Employees Really are PPC Experts?
We have been working with PPC campaigns for over 5 years. Every month, we profitably drive over 200,000 visitors to our client’s Websites. We literally have driven millions of visitors to our client’s Websites – while making it very profitable for our clients.
We are experienced with running PPC campaigns through many search engines, including Google, Yahoo!, and MSN.
Google has a rigorous certification process for companies who manage PPC campaigns for multiple companies. A specific set of criteria must be met for any company to achieve this certification. According to Google, Archetype Web Design “has met Google’s requirements to attain recognition as a Qualified Google Advertising Professional“.
Check out our PPC Case Studies for some real examples of how PPC has benefitted some of our clients.